As the first dive centre on the island and the pioneers of the thresher shark encounters, we are proud to offer the following services to our diving customers:
- 4 large traditional “banka” boats and one smaller boat plus our new speedboat
- Small groups of divers led by experienced, qualified guides
- Dive schedules to suit all ranges of diver preferences and experience
- Quality, well maintained equipment for rental
- Underwater digital cameras for rental
- Great variety of dive sites
- Daily dives to see the thresher sharks
- Nitrox, Wreck and Night dives available
- Courses from Open Water through to Instructor!
Why Choose Exotic?
We have the largest fleet of dive boats on the island, meaning that we can accommodate all of our guests’ different diving experience and preferences.
Our experienced dive guides lead small groups of divers making sure you get the most of out of your dives.
Our PADI Dive Shop is staffed by friendly yet professional instructors offering a wide range of courses from Open Water and try-dives as well as many PADI Specialties including our exclusive Thresher Shark Specialty course. For those divers thinking of going pro we offer the Divemaster course and Instructor Development Course.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- We use 12 liter aluminium tanks with yoke valves. We have a limited number of DIN tanks and some DIN adaptors for rent. Those who require DIN tanks are requested to let us know in advance.
- The average water temperature around Malapascua ranges from 25°C minimum up to 30°C.
- We have 3mm wetsuits for rental
- The salinity of the water around Malapascua is not too high, especially in comparison to the Red Sea and Thailand. Over weighted divers are in danger of damaging coral and putting themselves at unnecessary risk.
- Exotic Dive Resort is a dive shop which puts diver safety above all else. In the interests of diver safety, in accordance with PADI standards, and for professional liability reasons, we do not allow open water certified divers (or equivalent) to dive any site where the shallowest depth is 18 meters or deeper (including Monad Shoal). To be able to dive deeper than 18 meters the divers must be certified as an Advanced Open Water diver (or equivalent) or have partaken in a Deep Adventure Dive with an Instructor. For the same reasons, we are unable to allow open water certified divers (or equivalent) to dive our night dives, unless Advanced certified or have partaken in a Night Adventure Dive. Therefore if you are certified open water divers and wish to dive any dive site deeper than 19 meters, we would recommend that you consider the following options open to you:
- Become certified Advanced open water before you leave for your vacation;
- Partake in the corresponding Adventure Dive(s) before you leave for your vacation;
- Do the Advanced open water course here at Exotic;
- Do the corresponding Adventure Dive(s) here at Exotic.
MORE REASONS TO DIVE WITH US
- FIRST to dive with the thresher sharks in 1997
- FIRST dive shop on Malapascua established in 1998
- FIRST 5* PADI IDC dive resort established 2005
- FIRST Nitrox filling station established in 1999
- FIRST AND ONLY Go Eco dive resort established in 2007
- FIRST to offer PADI distinctive thresher shark specialty established 2007