Divemaster Course Internship
Are you looking to turn scuba diving into your career? Or maybe you just want to improve your knowledge and skills to an expert level and earn yourself a passport to some great worldwide dive destinations.
Whatever your motivation, begin your adventure with the team at Exotic Dive Resort and the PADI Divemaster program.
Here at Exotic Dive Resort we offer a comprehensive PADI Divemaster internship (4 to 8 weeks) where you can dive as much as you can thus improving your confidence and diving skills. Our course covers all aspects of being a professional diver from understanding the physiology and physics of diving, to using a SMB and mapping a dive site. You will work closely with our team of experienced Instructors assisting with student divers and developing your leadership abilities.
During your Divemaster internship, you sharpen your knowledge through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems. Our course is very flexible which allows you to work at your own pace and time schedule.
And if you take your Divemaster course with Exotic Dive Resort, we give you much more than just the PADI course. We offer additional workshops in valuable skills such as tank filling and boatmanship, and you have the opportunity to participate in special activities to enhance your Divemaster skills as well as have fun in the process!
We are pleased to have our own highly experienced Course Director, Graham Hogg, in charge of your Divemaster course. We are confident that you will come away from your course feeling a true Professional!
We offer a great Divemaster package which includes:
- Free refresher dive if required
- Divemaster Course
- Unlimited diving during your internship
- PADI Divemaster Crewpak including – manual, slates, encyclopedia, electronic MLRDP, instructor manual with hologram and PADI log book and bag
- FREE Exotic log book and T-shirt
- FREE wi-fi
- FREE tea and coffee at the dive shop
- Daily dives to see the thresher sharks
- Nitrox, Wreck and Night dives available
- Reduced rate PADI Specialty courses
- 10% discount on food and beverages at Exotic Restaurant
- 15% discount on any diving products purchased at the dive shop
- Employment advice and assistance
Malapascua Exotic Island Dive & Beach Resort is the finest hotel as well as the largest and most established dive shop on the island. We boast the following amazing facilities for our Divemaster Trainees:
- GoPro Lodge – great value on-site accommodation close to our restaurant, bar and dive shop
- State of the art, air-conditioned, classroom
- Experienced Teaching Staff and Mentors
- Largest fleet of boats on the island – 4 large outrigger boats and one smaller boat
- Our own restaurant and bar (with discounts for our Divemaster Trainees)
Malapascua is a gem of an island that is relatively unknown. For this reason the diving community is small, the dive sites plentiful quality of the reef is very high. And there are no other places in the world where you can regularly encounter the Thresher Shark. Exotic owners Dik and Cora de Boer carried out the first encounters with the thresher sharks in 1997 and we can even offer our exclusive PADI Thresher Shark Specialty course
Our view is that to become a dive professional you need the necessary confidence, knowledge, skills and experience which can only be obtained by DIVING! As part of your internship you will work alongside our Instructors and dive staff to assist with training divers, guiding certified divers and so on. The more you dive, the better value your course, as all your dives are included in the price!
The bigger the dive shop, the more varied your training and experience will be. With our team of instructors you will have the chance to assist on different courses ranging from a Discover Scuba Dive through to Rescue and Specialties. And we often have 8 or more dive trips going to various dive sites every day, so you have plenty of opportunity to gain experience in guiding certified divers at an assortment of dive sites.
Not many dive resorts in the world can give you a PADI Course Director in charge of your Divemaster course. This means that you will be able to draw on their wealth of knowledge and experience. Not only that but we have a team of veteran Divemasters who each have thousands of dives around Malapascua, who will be happy to pass on their tips and secrets to you.
Our GoPro Lodge was built with our Divemaster and IDC candidates in mind and is on the resort site just a stroll from the beach and with 24 hour security guards.
Your internship doesn’t stop once you become a Divemaster. We will be there to offer advice on applying for work around the globe, and wherever you get to after your Divemaster course, we are always just an email away if you have any questions.
Other things you should know:
- To enroll on your Divemaster course you need to have the following:
- PADI Advanced Open Water Certification (or equivalent)
- PADI Rescue Certification (or equivalent)
- Primary and Secondary Care (First Aid) certification current within 24 months
- 40 logged dives
- Be medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months
- It is possible to acquire all PADI materials in any language. If you would like for us to order you DM materials in a different language than English, please give tell us as soon as possible. All our PADI materials are shipped from Australia therefore it can take a while to receive them. So the earlier you order your PADI materials with us, the better.
- Malapascua is a small island, with a large local population but not much in the way of development. At this time there is no doctor or hospital on the island. You will need to have a current medical certificate for your instructor course, we advise you to acquire this prior to your arrival on the island. (download the form in English here For other languages please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Being a remote location it is advisable to stock up on a basic medical kit before you arrive. It is possible to buy certain medications on the island, however stocking the basics is recommended. Also do not forget your medical insurance.
- Malapascua is a small island with a small social scene. If it’s a partying atmosphere that you are after then maybe this is not the right place for you. There is always something happening somewhere, but the island is not overrun by Irish Pubs, beach front bars or full moon parties! And this means it is the ideal place to complete your Divemaster course!
- Tourist visas are required by Philippine law for all foreigners entering the country. You will need proof of onward travel before being allowed to enter the country. Upon arrival you will be automatically granted a 30 day tourist visa, which will need to be extended during your stay here. Rather than travelling all the way back to Cebu City to do this yourself, you can use our trusted visa agency who can do it for you. The first visa extension granted is for 38 days and the second visa extension is for 60 days. At this time it is also now required by Philippine law for all tourists remaining in the country longer than 2months to purchase an official ICard, which is a temporary form of official Philippine ID that lasts for 1 year. This ICard is mandatory for all foreigners staying in the Philippines and be used as an official form of ID. For more information on visa requirements and current prices, please contact us
- 40 logged dives are required to enroll on the Divemaster course. However if you come to us with 20+ dives can still benefit from our “Dive for free” policy before the commencement of your Divemaster course